Following our appeal for match funding earlier this year, we were happy to report that we had received enough to cover the platework for the cab, bunker and tanks. Unfortunate we did not raise enough to cover all the cost involved for the machining of the wheels. We did raise enough to cover the first half of the costs and work has now started as shown in the following images. In order for this work to be completed we still need to raise another £4,500.
Five tyres with the tread surface machined ready to be mounted for further turning
The sixth tyre in the lathe undergoing further machining. As can be seen here the back face is receiving attention
The crank pins machined and ready to go to be case hardened